Sunday, March 24, 2013

friday's on saturday short post


Making up for not posting on friday, but doing a quick post now.
Subbed on Friday for a middle school match teacher.  Students were wonderful and it was a nice day.  During free time picked up, "The Phantom Tollbooth," a book I've never read but recently heard about on "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" interview with the author.  I only read through the first couple of chapters, but was immediately hooked, and found this great quote, that I think would be nice to use in counseling.
"Well...since you got there by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that in order to get out, you must start thinking."
I could see using that quote as a header for a paper a student might have to fill out if they got into a little bit of trouble, and I wanted them to write about their actions, decisions, and how they've affected others by their behavior.

Also, came across this very useful post on another school counseling blog.  Good information to have as I'm starting to gear up for the next round of applications and hopefully interviews.

School Counseling Job Market Linky Party

No comments:

Post a Comment